Land Use and Development on First Hill
First Hill is a dynamic and growing urban neighborhood in a rapidly changing Seattle. Our proximity to major employment centers, multi-modal transit hubs, and our high walkability make First Hill a highly desirable place to live.
Below you will find a map of projects planned or underway in our community. If you click on a property, you will be shown an image of the project and a link with more information about that project. We are committed to keeping this web page as current as possible, though in an ever-shifting development climate, there may be delays. If you are interested in learning more about land use on First Hill, want to work with us on these issues, or have information to share, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
First Hill Projects Planned *As of 03/22/2017, there are 4,474 units proposed or under construction.
If you are interested in learning more about land use planning on First Hill, these resources may be of interest.
- Seattle in Progress. Mobile web app for seeing what’s being built in Seattle. Think of it as a modern alternative to the “notice of proposed land use” boards currently posted at construction sites.
- Shaping Seattle: Buildings. Interactive map from the Department of Planning and Development on which you can: view proposed building design and project status, download project documents, comment on the project, and view upcoming public meetings about the project.
- Seattle Department of Planning and Development Design Review. Information on upcoming Design Review meetings and development plans.
- City of Seattle Comprehensive Plan and Update.
- Virginia Mason Major Institutional Master Plan.
- Harborview Medical Center Major Institutional Master Plan.
- Swedish Medical Center Major Institutional Master Plan.
- Seattle Parking Annual Report.
The city’s Comprehensive Plan identifies First Hill as an Urban Village, and the associated zoning codes allow for some of the city’s highest densities and tallest buildings. In a booming Seattle, these factors combine to create an ever-expanding landscape of new development and land use.
The First Hill Improvement Association tracks these changes as part of our Strategic Plan. We work with developers, residents, and other stakeholders to foster conversations about how development can best serve First Hill today – and tomorrow.