Free summer classical music concerts in Freeway Park!
Grab a blanket, pack a picnic and join the Freeway Park Association and the Seattle Chamber Music Society for some of the best classical music ever written. It’s another summer of Music Under the Stars, a series of free musical evenings presented by the Seattle Chamber Music Society and Wells Fargo Bank.
Each event begins at 7:00pm with a free BBQ, sponsored by the Freeway Park Association. There’s free hot dogs and soda, or you can bring your own food and they’ll throw it on the grill for you.
At 7:15pm, there’s live classical music performed by an outstanding student ensemble. Then at 8:00pm, the evening continues with a live audio broadcast of world-renowned musicians performing at Benaroya Hall, streamed directly to the park by KING-FM radio.
According to Artistic Director James Ehnes, “Music Under the Stars is a wonderful opportunity for the whole community to get together in the evening air, and enjoy great music in a very casual environment. And because the radio broadcast is live, our park audience gets to hear for free the exact concert being performed that very moment for the audience at Benaroya Hall.”
The events take place at Freeway Park, on the corner of Seventh & Seneca. This year’s line-up includes….
- Fri July 8th – the Sol Quartet, an award-winning ensemble from the Seattle Youth Symphony
- Fri July 15th – the Möbius Quartet, finalists in the 2015 KING-FM Young Artist Award competition
- Fri July 22nd – the SPU Brass Quintet performing an exciting program of brass favorites
- Fri July 29th – Trio Camellia, an outstanding ensemble from UW
- Sat July 30th – the award-winning Sempre Sisters, with an eclectic mix of classical music and fiddle tunes