Yesler Bridge Rehabilitation Project: Open House May 14th
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will be rehabilitating the Yesler Way Bridge, located at the intersection of Yesler Way and Terrace St over 4th Ave S..
Improvements to the bridge include:
- Remove interior steel columns to form a single span superstructure
- Rehabilitate east abutment wall and replace west abutment wall
- Reconstruct the northwest staircase
- Rehabilitate and preserve the key historic features of the bridge, which include:
- North and south fascia girders, columns, cladding, capitals and corbels
- North and south pedestrian railings
- Decorative lighting on north fascia girder
- Improve intersection design to reduce crosswalk distance, accommodate ADA and increase user safety
- Provide Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant curb ramps at crosswalk locations within the project area, where feasible
Design for the Yesler Way Bridge is almost complete and construction is currently scheduled to begin in late 2015.
Join us for an upcoming open house to:
- View the bridge design
- Learn more about anticipated construction impacts and detour routes
- Talk to project staff and designers
Thursday, May 14, 2015
4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Yesler Community Center, 917 E Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98122
Want to receive project updates? Email YeslerBridge@seattle.gov to be added to their mailing list