Metro Long Range Plan Visioning Event – March 31st
King County Metro is embarking on the creation of a Long Range Plan that will guide the future of our region’s transit system. They are working closely with riders, community members and stakeholders to get a better understanding of what this plan should contain and what our priorities should be.
They are kicking off this effort with a public event on Tuesday, March 31st.
Public Transportation Visioning Event: What is the future of transportation in our region?
Come hear a panel of experts speak, and share your own ideas in a break-out session.
Tues, March 31st
Seattle Central Library
1000 Fourth Avenue Seattle, WA 98104 (map).
6:00-6:45pm Break Out Sessions
Participate in a facilitated break out session with local experts and share your ideas about transportation and:
- Education and institutions
- Business and economy
- Integrating transit modes
- Future policy and funding
6:45-8:00 Expert Panel
Hear a panel of experts discuss the future of transportation in our region and answer questions from the community members.
- Rebecca Saldaña, Executive Director, Puget Sound Sage
- Jarrett Walker, Author of the book Human Transit
- Mark Hallenbeck, Director, Washington State Transportation Center (TRAC), University of Washington
- Moderator: Rita Brogan, PRR, Inc.
Have questions for the panel speakers? Send your ideas for questions at kcmetrovision.com. Your question may be selected to ask the speakers on March 31st.