Horiuchi Park P-Patch Nearing Completion – Plots Remain!
Horiuchi Park, at Boren Ave between E. Fir and E. Spruce St has converted into a P-Patch community garden. A grant to the Seattle Housing Authority and help from the 2008 Parks and Green Spaces Levy funded construction of 28 one hundred square foot community garden plots. A bit more work remains, and plots will be assigned to those who help complete the work.
Work Party – Finish the Site! – Saturday March 7, 10am
- Backfill layer of compost into garden plots
- Prime and paint the tool shed
- Retrofit Tool shed for shelves and storage
- Construct ramp for easy access to tool shed
- Design and Install plantings for common areas
- Prepare Raised bed areas: lay gravel and accessible troughs.
Assign Plots – Saturday March 14, 10am
- Have a party to celebrate!!
For more information, contact:
Rich Macdonald, P-Patch Program